Monday, June 16, 2014

Ann Prior Jarvis Diary — May 27–June 4, 1884

In this installment, Ann comments about life as a mother-in-law after her son-in-law does some interior painting in her home.



27 Tusday Weather pleasant read a book in the forenoon feel lazy after going out yesterdy

28 Wed Weather raing

29 Thus Weather fine Thomas [Cottam, her son-in-law] White washed three rooms for us it is good to have Sons in law although mothers in law are voted a nuisance.

30 Friday weather changeble spent the day kniting sent a letter to Heber we do not get many letters from Arizona now I expect they are busy.

31 Saturday Weather pleasant Father & I rode out in the buggy


June 1 Sun Weather fine Father & Josey is gone to sunday school I want to go to sunday school and teach if my health would improve I went to meeting it was a dull one

Monday 2 Weather hot George came here I called at his home to see Eleanor she is very sick I hope she will soon be well
called to see Em

Tuesday 3 Weather warm Brig borowed my horse for two days I can not get out to see the Eleanor or Em
The relief Society quilted a large quilt in my room only a few attended

Wed 4 Weather fair quilted a quilt

(There is nothing in the Walker diary during this period.)

No comments:

Post a Comment