Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mathias Cowley Morgan and Mildred Vilate Pearce Morgan

I haven't posted much on this blog about Mat Morgan, the youngest of John Morgan and Mary Ann Linton Morgan's three children. He evidently had a somewhat difficult life. Contact has been lost with his branch of the family, but we would love to get in touch with them.

In going through the collections of family photos and memorabilia, here are some lovely photos of the childhood of Mat and Mildred's two oldest children, Lucile Morgan Schow (1916-2010) and John Mathias Morgan (1918-2004). Mat and Mildred's other children were Noreen Vilate Morgan Byron (1920-2000), Warren Clair Morgan (1923-1977), and Bruce Lowell Morgan (1930-2008).

Note the picture of John Morgan on the wall of the home in the last photo. Combining that detail with the scenery, I would assume that this is the Udall home in Hunt, Arizona.

These photos are from Mary Ann Linton Morgan's collection.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures Amy. I really like seeing the framed picture of John Morgan with a ladies black hat hung from the corner. I wonder if that is Mary Ann's? And I wonder if something like that was preserved in my great-grandmother's home. So many things we'll never know, but enjoy considering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would assume that was Mary Ann's picture -- I don't imagine her kids would have one, but I could be wrong.

    I need to start keeping a time line of her life, because I don't know when she moved to Washington D.C., but this picture probably provides circumstantial evidence that she was in Arizona in 1916, and perhaps also 1918 when John Mathias was born.

    ReplyDelete