Monday, June 8, 2009

Mary Ann Linton Morgan: Five Faith Promoting Instances, No. 1

“Five Faith Promoting Instances”

I. Answer to Prayer. When I was a little girl 7 or 8 years old I did much of my mothers shopping. One morning she sent me to the grocery store with a five dollar gold piece, charging me not to lose it. When about half way to the store I missed the money. I ran back hoping to find it but couldn’t see it anywhere. I walked over the road two or three times, then started back home crying bitterly to confess to mother I had lost her precious five dollars, when the thot came to me to ask Heavenly Father to help me find the money. I immediately dropped on my knees on the sidewalk and told the Lord how much my mother needed that money and to please help me to find it. When I arose to my feet wondering which way to go, something said go on to the store. In just a few steps I found the money lying in the gravel. I was truly thankful, ran and made the purchase and hurried home to tell mother my experience. She kissed and loved me, told me I was a good girl and Heavenly Father would always help me if I just remembered to ask Him.

Morgan, Mary Ann Linton. “Five Faith Promoting Instances.” Spelling preserved.

Photo of Mt. Nebo near Nephi, Utah, from


  1. What an endearing account. Thank you for preserving and sharing it.

  2. I think it is so important for children to have these experiences. Thanks for posting these stories.